Summary of themes from March 2015 TxHATS in Austin:
Art-science professionals from many different disciplines want to find a way to talk about collaboration, to see where their interests and ideas intersect. To get to the heart of the matter, TxHATS decided to do some sticky note mind mapping – organizing their thoughts on sticky notes on the windows of the conference room. Below are some of the themes that emerged from their “sticky-noting,” a colorful glimpse of their March brainstorming session at Umlauf Sculpture Garden in Austin, TX.
- Weather, climate change, water, energy, lasers…..
- Light, art in nature, sensory input, wearables, theater, architecture…..
- Innovation, entrepreneurship, world events, tools for sight & sound…..
- Content & info display, seeing data, interactive content…..
- Scientists as creators, sketching to document, patterns in big data…..
- A space for growth & research, emphasis on STEM + Art, young scientists’ creativity…..
- Art-sci galleries, robotics, universality…..
- Future impacts, evaluation criteria, economics…..
- Engaging communities, building partnerships, citizen science, entrepreneurship…..
- SEAD, Sci-Art Exchange.org, NYC sci-art center, PBS, KRLU, non-profits…..
- Emphasis on funding, geographic, demographic differences, accurate science, hybridity…..
- Decentralizing, self-reliance, access to networks, no third discipline, multi-media challenge…..
- Reciprocity, online town hall, science art camp, teaching public to use science, group critiques…..
View the March 2015 Notes if you are a TxHATS Expert Member.